Photographs are such a joy, and I don’t know about you, but I truly enjoy looking through old pictures. And I have so many printed pictures, and so many more digital folders with pictures stored… As a photographer, I witness often the power incredible portraits can have. I realized the role our pictures, our captured memories can play in building up our self-love and genuine happiness.
5 reasons why photographs can boost self-love and happiness:
- Taking photographs can document your story… It can become your visual diary. I’m always trying to figure out ways to keep hold of memories. By using daily a gratitude journal, for example. But on top of that, I use photographs, especially if I’m on the go, mostly made with my phone… I love capturing even the smallest moments… They are often so easily forgotten, yet there is so much incredible life magic hidden within them…
- Photos remind us of people, places, and moments we love… Many people keep photos in their homes, cars, in their offices, or and in their wallets. Happy people, happy families… tend to display larger numbers of photos celebrating their lives especially at home… Which in return helps them create more happy memories. Sooooo sweetheart… IF you are happy and you know it… frame a picture, or few, and put them on the walls to show it… ;)) In my home, with my hubby Hector, we created our “ Celebration of love and life” wall… made of our moments, our photographs. This is an invitation for you to do the same… :*
- A photo of someone you love, might be at some point, the only thing you will have left… Few years ago, after my dad died suddenly, I went through all the pictures I could find of him… I didn’t need physical items as momentos… But I really wanted to make sure that I had, as many as I could, printed pictured of him… Portraits are our legacy! They are the gifts we leave behind… they are the reminders of wonderful moments we spend together… They are our treasure keepers.
- Photographs help you remember who you are, and encourage you to strive to be the best version of yourself. When you see yourself everyday around your house in pictures that capture your best self… It will change the way you see and feel about yourself… It’s such a joyful yet powerful tool to create a happier, more loving, full of kindness, fulfilling life.
- Photos help us remember the happy moments from our past. One of the best ways to make yourself happy in the present, is to recall happy times from the past. We feel as we think, and photos are great at shifting our thoughts. As most of us tends to take photos of happy, magical moments, they weight our memories to the sunnier side of life.
Memories captured in pictures… They are beauty, timeless moments keepers. In one single frame, they capture all memories from a moment in time.
I love taking pictures both with my camera and my phone, depending on the situation, and on the tools I have available… There are no excuses, use the tools you have, and make it count… offer yourself a gift of lifetime of captured precious memories…